Saturday, December 1, 2007

2006 Revisited

OK. Hindsight being 50/50 and all... My top 15 of 2006 does need a little re-working. I mean, I have more opinions on records than the Cubs have middle infielders (if you don't know, they have a LOT), and they change all the time. But I think this list is a little more accurate. Maybe.

While I like the Frank Black album, I don't think it's one of his best, and I honestly never listen to it anymore, so it's getting bumped. Also, even though I kind of like it, the Thom Yorke album really doesnt belong in that list. Despite my early infatuation, the Flaming Lips record was not properly ranked at number 4, and Don Caballero gets better with every listen. I added an extra album too, because, it's my list and I wanted to.

1. Yo La Tengo – "I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass"
2. Secret Machines – “Ten Silver Drops”
3. Mew – “And the Glass Handed Kites” (this might be a 2005 release overseas, but I'm counting it as 2006)
4. Phoenix - "It's Never Been Like That"
5. Don Caballero – “World Class Listening Problem”
6. Mastodon – “Blood Mountain”
7. Flaming Lips – “At War With the Mystics”
8. Belle and Sebastian – “The Life Pursuit”
9. Loose Fur – “Born Again in the USA”
10. Sloan – “Never Hear the End of It”
11. Futureheads – “News and Tributes”
12. Kooks – “Inside In/Inside Out”
13. Killers – “Sam’s Town”
14. Slayer – “Christ Illusion”
15. TV On The Radio – "Return to Cookie Mountain"
15. Robert Pollard - Normal Happiness

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So if this is a revisit of 2006, does that mean you'll be adding in 2007 soon? Can't wait to see it!

Dr. Castrato said...

yes, coming soon! how about you? making a list?