Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Songs in My Head

I get songs stuck in my head all the time. I'm sure you do too. I decided to start a running feature here called "The Songs in My Head" and just list whatever song is in there at the time.

Unfortunately, I've got a pretty awful song stuck in my head right now, and it's kind of embarassing that it will be the first one I post. But, this is not a blog of lies. I'm not going to say I have some particularly cool, obscure indie-rock song in my head if it's not true (indie-rock, your time will come).

No, the song right now, for no discernable reason, is Sheena Easton's "Morning Train (9 to 5)." Not the Dolly Parton song - you know, it's the super cheesy one that goes, "My baby takes the morning train / He works from 9 to 5 and then / He takes another home again / To find me waiting for him." I can't get that chorus out of my head right now. Ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to admit to knowing this but Mancow used to do a feature every morning called "Morning Hummer" is which he'd play a song like "9 to 5" in hopes it would stick in people's heads.

Dr. Castrato said...

that devious mancow...