Monday, July 28, 2008

My Favorite Bands

A recent post on Gaper's Blog about Superchunk got me thinking about my favorite bands, and where I would rank Superchunk. I gave it a little thought and came up with a top ten. However, as with all opinion lists, this is subject to change. Also, no laughing.

1. Rush
2. Iron Maiden
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Teenage Fanclub
5. The Police
6. The Beatles
7. Radiohead
8. Superchunk
9. Sloan
10. The Boo Radleys

Runners up: Genesis, Dinosaur Jr., Smashing Pumpkins, Pixies/Frank Black, Swervedriver, Dead Milkmen

Looking at the list now, it's funny how many of these groups peaked in the 90's while I was in high school and college. Were those really the best years in rock? Doubtful. It must have something to do with the bond you make with music that surrounds you during your "coming of age" years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice List.
My list of fave bands is listed in the order I got into them.
1. Earth, Wind and Fire
2. Sly and The Family Stone
3. U2
4. the Smiths
5. The Pixies
6. Nirvana
7. Pavement
8. Superchunk
9. Sleater Kinney
10. Radiohead

Anonymous said...

1. The Rolling Stones
2. The Replacements
3. The Smiths
4. The Beatles
5. Husker Du
6. Lloyd Cole
7. U2
8. R.E.M.
9. The Cure
10. Joy Division/New Order

Subject to change...