Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Update!/Songs in My Head

Holy smokes! It's been a while since I've posted, eh? Sorry to keep you waiting. News on the basement: it's almost done. Well, almost done being constructed. Then there is the furniture, flooring and painting (not in that order). I've started painting one room already, and I'll post some pictures soon. I enlisted the guys in my band to help me out (since it will be the Band room), and we're doing lots of interesting designs and things instead of your standard solid-color walls. I was up until 2:00 a.m. last night working on a mini-masterpiece on one section of wall.

We listened to some Husker Du, Megadeth, and defunct local punk band Oblivion while painting on Sunday, and busted out some Superchunk last night. But for some reason the song in my head right now is "F.M." by Steely Dan. I take a lot of heat from my wife for guiltily digging the Dan and Fleetwood Mac and some of that smooth 70's rock. I can't help it. The polished hooks just sink right in.

Anyway, look for some more basement photos soon.

No comments: