Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Songs in my Head

I had a two hour conference call beginning at 9:00 this morning (made it to work on time for once!), and throughout the whole thing, I had the Kink's "Victoria" stuck in my head. Easily my favorite Kinks song, "Victoria" has a nice bouncy beat, a simple melody and an even simpler chorus: 1. Sing title of song 2. Repeat.

The only other noticeable song to enter my head today was the "Five Dollar Footlong" song from the Subway commercials. That song is certainly doing it's job. I got a Subway sandwich today (not a footlong) and inside the bag was a 3x5 ad promoting their $5 regular footlongs. But when I look at the ad (I hung it up in my office cube), I don't even see the words, or comprehend their meaning. When I look at it, it sings to me, "Five......five dollar......five dollar foot-long!!"

No comments: